Re: Open 7.3 items, with names

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open 7.3 items, with names
Date: 2002-08-16 15:20:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Reindex/btree shrinkage - does reindex need work, can btree be shrunk?
>
> I think there is zero probability that anything will be finished on this
> in the next two weeks, considering that (a) no one is working on it,
> and (b) it's not a small task. Push it back to TODO.

Done. Also, we do now have contrib/reindexdb, so it is there for people
to use until we get it fixed. That is a step forward, and it is
a documented problem in 7.3 too.

> > Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
>
> You can put my name on this for backend, psql, and pg_dump issues. I am
> not sure what needs to be done in the other client-side code.

I am worried about the other stuff. I just added "DROP COLUMN" to the
open items list to make sure that is dealt with too.

> > improve macros in new tuple header code (Manfred)
>
> Since I was the one griping, not Manfred, it's probably my job to fix
> this.

OK, but I thought Manfred was going to address this when he got back
from vacation, but he is back now. I assume you are saying that he
isn't quite sure what you want and that you will have to do it. OK.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us