Re: journaling in contrib ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: journaling in contrib ...
Date: 2002-08-14 19:47:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > > They are moving pgaccess more into the admin role, and pgmonitor fit in
> > > with that.
> >
> > Personally, I kinda like to be able to run admin modularized ... they
> > *should* be looking at stuff like webmin, where you can plug-n-play admin
> > functions as required, or horde (http://www.horde.org) ... why would I
> > install pgaccess if all I want to do is monitor? Now, to be able to
> > install pgaccess and have pgmonitor tie into *that* would be cool ...
> >
> > 'bigger is better' is MicroSloth's philosophy ... sounds like the PgAccess
> > guys are adopting it too? :(
>
> I assume pgmonitor will just be a new tab in the pgaccess window. It is
> integrated only in that it is part of the tcl scripts supplied.

Right, but, if its 'integrated', then I have to download the whole thing
... I only want pgmonitor, so how can I get that now?

Again, if they do it *properly*, it should be a seperate module you can
download, enable in a config file for pgaccess and have show up ... but it
should be runnable standalone, with all the extras ...