Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )
Date: 2002-08-01 17:49:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > So, from the 'client side', y'all will still see "everything as one big
> > package", while from the 'server side', I'll have the seperate modules
> > taht can be packaged independently ...
>
> Marc, how are you dealing with libpq's access to the server include
> files?

I haven't touched libpq yet ... I'm talking with the libpqxx guys right
now concerning getting the standalone libpqxx to work, and will be working
on figuring out how to get the 'master configure' to make use of the
standalone configure once that is fixed ... I want to get one module to
work cleanly before looking at any others ...