Connect using md5

From: longjohn <longjohn(at)katamail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connect using md5
Date: 2002-07-10 09:58:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi to all,
I've installed Postgresql 7.2.1 with jdbc support.
JDBC runs, in fact I use PGSQL to build web pages using JSP pages.
Now a friend of mine has to develop a JAVA tool to modify data connecting
from another host but , unfortunately, we're working on a public LAN, so
there's a spoofing risk and we want to use 'md5 password'.
What he has to insert in JAVA code to make a reliable connection?
Thanks.