Retrieving binary data

From: David Garnier <david(dot)garnier(at)etudier-online(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Retrieving binary data
Date: 2002-07-04 22:41:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I need to retrieve the binary representation of a custom type. I can retrieve the type just fine with the standard method, but the results of getBytes is altered. getString shows just the right thing, but I need the binary. I looked at the source of the driver, and I still don't know exactly what I'm supposed to do. It seems to me that the QueryExecutor is able to fetch a binary tuple, but I don't know how to request one.

Performance is my main problem, so I would like a fast solution. Thanks for helping.

Best regards,
David Garnier