Proxy Server ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Proxy Server ...
Date: 2002-06-24 19:13:02
Lists: pgsql-general

does anyone know of a proxy server that i can run on a server to "pretend"
its a postgresql server? so that I can connect to IP:port and have it
establish a connection to IP:5432?

Basically, I have a domain running in a FreeBSD jail, with a database
server behind it ... the database server isn't accessible from the
Internet, only from the local network ... so I need to run a proxy server
in the jail that will accept connections, thru it, to the database server

I need it to work for JDBC connections as well as ODBC (pgAdminII) ...
which I don't think is any different, but figured i'd mention it "just in
case" ...

I've looked at SSLProxy (JDBC Proxy server), but its SSL only, which makes
pgAdminII a problem :(

Thanks ...