Re: URGENT: Performance tuning

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: URGENT: Performance tuning
Date: 2002-06-20 18:44:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 10:21:21AM -0700, Peter Dimov wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I need info about how to fine tune my postgresql.

Then you need to give us info about your configuration. Did you
ANALYSE? &c.

> I do not make any special setup an postgres and on linux, anly the
> standart install.

The defaults on Postgres are basically there to allow it to run on
anything. It'll run out of the box on a 486 with 8 Meg, I think.
You need to make some changes. A cursory inspection of the archives
would help. Also, see
<http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/>

----
Andrew Sullivan 87 Mowat Avenue