Indexes on separate disk ?

From: Charlie Toohey <ctoohey(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Indexes on separate disk ?
Date: 2002-06-13 19:49:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've looked around a lot and don't think this is possible with Postgres, but
figured I would ask in case I missed something. Is it possible to configure
things so that an index resides on a separate disk ? It doesn't look like it,
since they both have to reside in the same database, and the entire contents
of the database would reside underneath a single directory, and therefore on
a single disk.

Thanks
Charlie