Re: databases and RAID ...

From: "Corey W(dot) Gibbs" <cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com>(by way of Rajesh Kumar Mallah(dot) <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>)
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: databases and RAID ...
Date: 2002-05-25 04:45:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good Morning Mallah,
I've heard bad things from a friend that worked at IBM about using RAID and
databases. He said there could be a definite performance hit with a
hardware raid controller doing RAID5, so i can only imagine that software
raid would be worse :(. Mirroring should be as bad, but i would definitly
look into a hardware raid controller if you could.
hope thishelps
corey