Re: Configure problems with readline Mandrake 8.2 and postgres 7.2.1

From: Keehan Mallon <keehan_mallon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: keehan_mallon(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Configure problems with readline Mandrake 8.2 and postgres 7.2.1
Date: 2002-05-15 17:10:31
Lists: pgsql-general

--- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Keehan Mallon <keehan_mallon(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/2.96/../../../libreadline.so:
> > > undefined reference to `tgetnum'
> >
> > looks like -ltermcap is needed on your platform; but configure
> knows
> > enough to try that.
>
> It is. ISTM configure does detect readline, but fails to notice that
> it also needs termcap to properly compile if it's devel package is
> not
> installed. Maybe the test is not hard enough.
>
> Try installing termcap-devel, or whatever is called, then configure
> again.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[(at)]dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>)
> "El miedo atento y previsor es la madre de la seguridad" (E. Burke)

Alvaro,

You were totally correct. After installing what Mandrake calls
libtermcap-devel rpm then I was fine. I guess this is what I get for
not installing > 1 Gb of devel rpms by doing a vanilla install of
Mandrake. So, looks like my install is working fine now. Thanks for
all the help.

Keehan