Re: C++ and Postgres

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C++ and Postgres
Date: 2002-04-18 15:55:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 01:26:42PM -0500, nandrats(at)mail(dot)mdanderson(dot)org wrote:

> I'm new to Sql and Postgres and looking for a robust, easy to learn
> C++-Interface for postgres. The provided libpq++ doesn't really look promising
> at this point. I'm developing for Linux and using Qt. Does anybody have
> experience with the Qt Sql-Interface?
> Any suggestions?

Works fine, and if you're using Qt anyway it's probably the right way
to go. You do lose some flexibility, as it only implements a minimal
subset of functionality that's shared by most databases, but it's
adequate for nearly all uses.

If you find you need to do anything sophisticated you may want to come
back and look at libpq or maybe libpq++.

Cheers,
Steve