Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work

From: Robert L Mathews <lists(at)tigertech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jeff(at)dgjc(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work
Date: 2002-03-12 00:36:06
Lists: pgsql-general

At 3/11/02 4:17 PM, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:

>I think the problem is here. The documentation within the pg_hba.conf
>file suggests that all TCP/IP connections need to use IDENT authentication.
>I just turned on the ident deamon on the Linux box hosting the database,
>but still can't make the connection. Anyone know more about ident
>authentication with the postgres database?

With Red Hat Linux 7.2, I found that the default in /etc/identd.conf is
now:

result:encrypt = yes

I had to change that to:

result:encrypt = no

... and restart identd to get Postgres to work with IDENT.

Hope that helps.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."