OIDs / noOIDs tables?

From: Heni Lolov <hal_bg(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OIDs / noOIDs tables?
Date: 2002-03-11 16:10:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

As for version 7.2 postgres supports tables wothout OID. So I have 10 Gb
database and I would like to upgrade it to 7.2 to make the tables without oids
in order to save disc space. I made a test. I created one table with oids and
another without oids and dumped the same data in both of them but there was no
difference in table sizes.
Btw the size is the same as the size of the original table in the previous
release i use (7.0.3).

Can anybody tell me why?
Thanks in advance!

regards, hal