Program lose the connection to backend

From: Ricardo Vaz Mannrich <rvm_l1(at)uol(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Program lose the connection to backend
Date: 2002-03-11 14:15:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a program thar reads a file with a lot of rows (10000) and, sometimes,
my program can't insert new rows to the database because it lost the
connection to the backend. The problem is random and I don't know what
happens.

This occurs also sometimes when I run a big query or VACUUM. SOMETIMES.

I'm using Postgres 7.1.2 and 7.2.

I think that postgres 7.2 slower than 7.1.2. My program processed 650 files 4
times faster in 7.1.2 using the same database structure (created by pg_dump
-s). Is this true? Is 7.2 slower?

Thank a lot,

--
Ricardo Vaz Mannrich