Upgrading and getting rid of oids

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Upgrading and getting rid of oids
Date: 2002-02-13 17:08:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm currently running PostgreSQL 7.1.3. I would like
to upgrade to version 7.2 and eliminate the row oids.
Am I correct that pg_dump does not dump oids by
default? Will the following accomplish this goal
safely?

1. Dump the schema only.
2. Modify the schema manually, inserting "without
oids" into the CREATE TABLE statements.
3. Dump the data only.
4. Drop the database.
5. Recreate the database.
6. Create the tables using the modified, dumped schema
in step 1.
7. Restore the data dumped in step 3.
Thanks,

Andrew Gould