Re: Persistent Connections with PHP and PostgreSQL

From: Phill Kenoyer <pgsql(at)c0de(dot)net>
To: Felipe Nascimento <Felipe(dot)Nascimento(at)multivalor(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Persistent Connections with PHP and PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-02-06 21:16:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

PHP will close the connection at the end of the script. I always call
pg_close() when I'm done accessing the db. If your script is short and
quick, then it should not be a problem. If it does some more processing
on the data after you finished with the connection, why keep it open?

--
BOFH Reason of the day: backup tape overwritten with copy of system manager's favourite CD
_ | _