Re: interval and timestamp change?

From: Brent Verner <brent(at)rcfile(dot)org>
To: Chris Ruprecht <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: postgresql <pgsql(at)symcom(dot)com>, PgSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: interval and timestamp change?
Date: 2002-01-27 01:03:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

[2002-01-26 18:46] Chris Ruprecht said:
| Ted,
|
| Tom (Lane) told me a while ago that they changed timestamp and time
| to be SQL92 compliant and they changed the way this now works.
|
| Here is Tom's explanation from that time:
| TIME is a reserved word now, or at least more reserved than it used to
| be. You'll need to write 'now'::time or CAST('now' AS time). Sorry
| about that, but SQL92 requires it...

'NOW' is not a standard keyword. The /standard/ keywords for
current time (and company) are:
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
CURRENT_TIME
CURRENT_DATE
LOCALTIME *** not implemented in postgresql
LOCALTIMESTAMP *** not implemented in postgresql

You should be using one of the above supported keywords instead
of 'NOW'.

cheers.
brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing." -- Duane Allman