Re: Unrecognized language Error

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Ben-Nes Michael <miki(at)canaan(dot)co(dot)il>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unrecognized language Error
Date: 2002-01-23 20:23:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > comp.canaan.co.il=# CREATE FUNCTION addnumbers (INTEGER, INTEGER) RETURNS
> > > INTEGER AS '
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# DECLARE
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# v1 ALIAS FOR $1;
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# v2 ALIAS FOR $2;
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# BEGIN
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# RETURN v1 + v2;
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# END;'
> > > comp.canaan.co.il-# LANGUAGE 'plpgpsql';
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > What about a little nap? Catching some sleep every other day
> > helps ... sometimes :-)
>
> Isn't that our PGP-encrypted stored procedure language? You mean you
> didn't write that one yet, Jan. :-)

Of course NOT! That name was reserved for the embedded

"PostScript Query Language" (psql)

But it'll be more like a datatype to store documents as
PostScript templates, that on retrieval fill in the actual
data into variable fields in the document.

Slight variants of it will be plpgpdfql, plpgpcl5ql and
plpghpglql.

Plpgpdfql for example would be very efficient for
personalized mass emailing. The current practice of HTML
spamming doesn't fill the available bandwidth ...

Jan