Re: subtable <-> bigtable

From: Peter Pilsl <pilsl(at)goldfisch(dot)at>
To: "Andrew G(dot) Hammond" <drew(at)xyzzy(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Subject: Re: subtable <-> bigtable
Date: 2001-12-16 11:22:28
Lists: pgsql-general

This seems to be the one I was looking for !

I only have some concerns about security, cause I must give full
access to the users to the maintable to allow all the rules be
performed: insert, update, delete anyway and also select cause the
update-command would fail otherwise (see below).
So noone prevents my user to open the maintable via odcb and
ms-access (which is the way they connect) and mess it up - especially
mess up parts that are dedicated to other users.

thnx,
peter

ps: t is the table and t_v1 is the view.

\dp
t | {"=","peter=arwR","test2=aw"}
t_v1 | {"=","peter=arwR","test2=arwR"}

\d t
Table "t"
Attribute | Type | Modifier
-----------+---------+----------
num | integer |
rank | integer |
x | integer |

CREATE RULE update_t_v1 as on update to t_v1 do instead update t set num = new.num, rank=new.rank,x=new.x where num=old.num;

UPDATE t_v1 set num=10 where num=11;
ERROR: t: Permission denied.

--
mag. peter pilsl