writing & flushing C extensions

From: "John P(dot) Looney" <john(at)antefacto(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: writing & flushing C extensions
Date: 2001-10-15 13:23:12
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to write a few functions in C for postgres. But, when I change
some code, I'm never sure that it'll be flushed when I do a;

DROP FUNCTION test();
CREATE FUNCTION test() RETURNS text AS '/var/lib/pgsql/functions/test.so' LANGUAGE 'c';

Is there a way to make sure ? Even restarting postgres doesn't always
work (or else my makefiles are broken...)

Kate

--
John Looney Chief Scientist