Problems installing with --with-python

From: Eric D Nielsen <nielsene(at)MIT(dot)EDU>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems installing with --with-python
Date: 2001-10-09 19:20:46
Lists: pgsql-general

(Please ignore if duplicate, wasn't a subscriber before so I have this
sitting in the queue for "review" before posting since early this morning.
No answer from the pgsql-general-owners list on the time frame for when
it will be reviewed, so I subscribed and am resending...)

We've been installing 7.1.3 on a RH 7.1 box, trying to configure with
Python(2.2a3). ./configure runs fine. gmake fails on the first file that
includes Python.h. We've tried ./configure'ing it again using --with-includes=
\path\to\Python\include, but we get the same error. Can anyone suggest the
next thing to try? Python is working successfully.

Eric Nielsen
nielsene(at)mit(dot)edu