Full Text Indexing, Modules, etc

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan(at)bobich(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full Text Indexing, Modules, etc
Date: 2001-10-05 00:36:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I'm trying to get FTI to work, so I've got a few questions.

1) I understand that there is a FTI "module" among the contribs, but the
/contrib directory on all the mirrors I have checked is empty. So, where to I
get the full text indexing stuff?

2) What is required to get the full text indexing to work? I have installed
PostgreSQL using the binary RPMs, and I don't really want to recompile it
from sources (I like RPM). Is there a way to use "run-time" modules and
insert them after compiling?

3) I have failed to find any documentation on the subject of FTI and how to
use it. All I have found is the reference that the documentation has been
updated in 7.1.3 edition of the FTI module, but I have been unable to find
the /contrib/fulltextindex directory. Where should I be looking? The main
postgres ftp site always seems to be too verloaded...

Thanks.

Gordan