more information on JOINs

From: "postgresql" <pgsql(at)symcom(dot)com>
To: "PgSQL-SQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: more information on JOINs
Date: 2001-09-22 12:11:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Where can I get more information and examples on using JOINs. I
have been reading over the Chapter 2 on from the interactive user
docs but I need a little more in the way of examples. I am having a
problem understanding when I would need a LEFT or RIGHT JOIN.

Please, a 'point' in the right (no pun intended) direction would be
appreciated.

Ted