Re: Ridicolus Postgresql review

From: roypgsqlgen(at)xemaps(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ridicolus Postgresql review
Date: 2001-09-12 15:44:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Well having worked on both SQL Server and Oracle (although not the latest version of oracle) let me clear the air on the differences between the two as far as stored procs are concerned.

On SQL Server you can return many result sets.

On Oracle, you can't. The best thing you can do is return arrays as parameters and simulate a result set by populating that array row by row (SLOW). I think in most situations, you'll see people just running a select statement from the client side whenever possible.

I much prefer working in Sybase and SQL Server because of the ability to return multiple result sets.

Roy.