Re: PL/java?

From: "Dr(dot) Evil" <drevil(at)sidereal(dot)kz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/java?
Date: 2001-08-26 20:02:33
Lists: pgsql-general

> If you can afford to learn another language, and get some time to put it =
> practical use, I suggest that you take a closer look at Java... or IMHO, =
> atleast
> don't knock it until you have substancial reasoning.

I agree. java is a great language. The biggest problem with java?
Lack of portability! Yes, that's right, it's not portable! If you
are using Linux or a commercial OS of some kind, you have great java
support, but under FreeBSD or OpenBSD? Good luck getting Java 2 to
work!

But it's still a great language and I'm moving all my stuff from PHP
to Java.