Re: why does this select hang postgres???

From: Fernando Schapachnik <fschapachnik(at)vianetworks(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy(at)xxedgexx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: why does this select hang postgres???
Date: 2001-08-10 18:05:56
Lists: pgsql-general

En un mensaje anterior, Jeremy Hansen escribió:

> select * from env_info,summary,plat_info;
>
> Is my statement broken? Is this not legal? Postgres just sits there....

It is legal, but has another semantics. It doesn't mean union, but
product. You will be get every combination of env_info, summary and
plat_info records.

Regards.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Planificación de red y tecnología
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.
fschapachnik(at)vianetworks(dot)com(dot)ar
Tel.: (54-11) 4323-3381