Re: Postmaster won't start.

From: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>
To: ryan(dot)a(dot)roemmich(at)mail(dot)sprint(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postmaster won't start.
Date: 2001-07-24 19:03:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:20:02AM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> I came in this morning and Postgres was down. I simply tried to restart
> the postmaster, it begins to start up and then dies. I know I'm not
> divulging much information, but I don't know what would be useful to the
> gurus.

Um, did an error message seem like Too Much Information for...an error?

PostgreSQL version: SELECT version()
Operating system: uname -a
libc version (if you have a braindead linux libc)
And...the error message sent to the console and the message sent to
the stderr log.

That would be a good start.

> Thanks,
> -r

Cheers
gh
--
What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)