Execution statistics

From: svanegmond(at)bang(dot)dhs(dot)org
To: pg-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Execution statistics
Date: 2001-07-17 19:49:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

One of the biggest gaps I've found while doing performance tuning is
collecting execution statistics. There's EXPLAIN for the planner, but
nothing for the executor. Maybe another verb; ACCOUNT?

I'm not suggesting this as work that someone else do. I don't mind
trying it myself, but I wouldn't mind some guidance on how to make it
an acceptable patch.

-Steve