Re: html to postgres...

From: Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez <jose-manuel(dot)lorenzo-lopez(at)ica(dot)conti(dot)de>
To: Tony Grant <tony(at)animaproductions(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: html to postgres...
Date: 2001-07-16 15:37:59
Lists: pgsql-general

16.07.2001 16:48:53, Tony Grant <tony(at)animaproductions(dot)com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have several hundred HTML (!) pages that need to be converted to a
>format that in turn can be imported into PostgreSQL. They are all built
>on a very similar grid.
>
>Any thoughts?

Hello Tony,

I guess you want to insert the data of tables included in your HTML
Pages, am I right???

If so, may be you want to create a Shell-Script (Perl ???) that reads the
rows of your tables in the HTML-Pages using the HTML tags

You also can convert the HTML-pages first in human readable ascii - tables :)
and than read this output with a Script (Again Perl ???). The tools to do
this is 'html2text'.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Gruß / Un saludo

José Manuel Lorenzo López