CREATE TYPE function examples

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE TYPE function examples
Date: 2001-07-10 15:44:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm looking for some examples of how the functions for CREATE TYPE
should be. There are none in the documentation, so I was hoping to find
someone here that could help me.
For example, the documentation has this example:

CREATE TYPE box (INTERNALLENGTH = 8,
INPUT = my_procedure_1, OUTPUT = my_procedure_2);

What would the functions my_procedure_1 and my_procedure_2 look like?

Thanks,

-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+