Re: Problem with a rule on upgrade to v7.1.1

From: Jon Lapham <lapham(at)extracta(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with a rule on upgrade to v7.1.1
Date: 2001-05-11 19:46:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom-

Thanks for the detective work. This makes perfect sense now, and explains
the radically different behaviour between 7.1RC1 and 7.1.1. I will change
my rules to not have to depend on Pg choosing which WHERE clause to
evaluate first.

-Jon

PS: (Talking *way* above my head now) Would be possible to have
EXPLAIN flag this type of problem? Remember, the EXPLAIN output for
7.1RC1 and 7.1.1 were identical.

--

Jon Lapham