Dead locks

From: Aristide Aragon <aristide(at)lionking(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dead locks
Date: 2001-05-06 23:19:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello
This question isn't about deadlocks, instead, it's about something I've been wondering because of a program I'm doing that uses locks.
My progrm uses begin and commit (or rollback) and locks a table in exclusive mode. What'd happen if the program unexpectedly died? How would the database recover from a lock without a commit or rollback? Would the database release the lock automatically, would it be in deadlock or would I have to release it by hand, and if so how?

Cheers

Aristide