Re: RE: Security and performance

From: pgsql(at)itsbruce(dot)uklinux(dot)net
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE: Security and performance
Date: 2001-05-03 22:53:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:50:49PM -0700, jeff(dot)fitzmyers(at)managestar(dot)com wrote:
> > Instead of making a kajillion views
>
> I limit what others can see using php scripting:

Wrong approach for me. I am not writing the php scripts and I don't
want to trust those who are. Even if I were writing the scripts, I
would not trust me. Get the security right on the database side and you
don't have to worry about mistakes on the application side.

If I wanted to trust the application, I'd be using mySQL.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.