Re: anti Christian bias?

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, Karl DeBisschop <karl(at)debisschop(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: anti Christian bias?
Date: 2001-04-14 14:22:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Karl DeBisschop wrote: > As for postgresql
> > having an anit-Christian bias? I think Lamar and > Bruce, among
> > others, could not be accused of an anti-Christian bias.
> >
> > Thanks, Karl.
> >
> > As a matter of fact, I am an ordained Baptist minister. Don't
> > know about Bruce -- other than I like his catchy .sig... :-)
>
> Wow, pretty cool. I am just an underling. :-)
>
> > If anyone asks about my .sig, I witness accordingly. Otherwise,
> > I'm not pushy -- not in this venue, at least.
>
> Becoming a Christian was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I
> want to share that, but I don't want to make people uncomfortable
> either.

Yeah, another religious thread :-)

Is it allowed to borrow the Cristian rules even if I don't
believe in God and don't pray? Do they fall under the GPCL
(General Public Christian License) or are they distributed
under a BSDish style license? What if I link myself to them -
does all I'm doing then become property of the pope or some
church?

I'm not able to find any applicable disclaimers in my copy of
the Bible. A quick look into the Koran didn't show up
anything either.

Jan