psql segmentation fault

From: Stephen Ramsay <sjr3a(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql segmentation fault
Date: 2001-04-02 20:13:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I've been running Postgres on a Solaris 2.8 box for a long time. Just upgraded to 7.0.3 and noticed the reappearance of a bug that I've seen before: psql segfaults on startup.

The problem is clearly and unmistakeably related to readline (psql -n works like a charm). I've tried mucking around with the psql sources as well as recompiling readline (with and without curses) and recompiling ncurses (with and without the termcap fallback). It just doesn't like any of this.

I would be happy to send a core file to anyone who's interested.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Senior Programmer

"By ratiocination, I mean computation" -- Hobbes