ssl negotiation with php

From: kj <kj(at)indifference(dot)org>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ssl negotiation with php
Date: 2001-03-22 18:49:24
Lists: pgsql-php

Hey, all.

I have postgreSQL 7.0.2 in a freebsd 4.2-stable jail.

I can connect locally to the database (via psql) no problem, but when I
try to access postgreSQL via php 4.0.3p1 I keep getting:

[error] PHP Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
connectDB() -- couldn't send SSL negotiation packet: errno=57
Socket is not connected

I have searched the net and archives and couldn't find much information
on this. Apache does have mod_ssl compiled in, though the httpd isn't
running in ssl mode. Accessing mysqld through php works just fine.

Thanks,

K.J.

P.S. Any reponses please email me directly as I am not on the list,
though I will check the mailing list archives every day.

--

http://www.indifference.org

"The downfall of mankind will be his indifference...ah, but who cares."