Re: Re: AW: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Cc: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>, "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: AW: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Date: 2001-03-16 15:38:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

My UnixWare box runs Veritas' VXFS, and has Online-Data Manager
installed. Documentation is available at http://www.lerctr.org:457/

There are MULTIPLE sync modes, and there are also hints an app can give
to the FS.

More info is available if you want.

LER

--
Larry Rosenman
http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/

On 3/16/01, 9:11:51 AM, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> wrote
regarding [HACKERS] Re: AW: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC: