ODBC with Visio

From: Steven Saner <ssaner(at)pantheranet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC with Visio
Date: 2001-02-09 19:17:26
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to get Visio (5.5 Enterprise) on Win98/NT to talk with
Postgres 7.0.2 on Linux 2.2.16 via the Win32 driver from Insight
Distributions. The problem that I am having is that I get parse errors
on all queries to the database. The reason is the rather "odd" way in
which fields are specified in the query. In the psqlodbc log file I
see things like:

SELECT username.tablename.fieldname FROM username.tablename ...

Where the username is the username that I connect to the database
with, and tablename and fieldname are obvious. That generates a parse
error from Postgres.

Is this simply an issue with Visio or is there something going on
with the driver or configuration that I am not finding? Regardless the
cause, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Steve