More plpgsql fun! (deleting large object refs)

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: More plpgsql fun! (deleting large object refs)
Date: 2001-01-18 01:06:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Now that I have some magic triggers deleting and updating
rows based on the actions of referring rows, I have to take
care of the deletion of large objects associated with some
rows. Any idea how I should do this?

I tried...
BEGIN
SELECT lo_unlink(OLD.bootstrap_script);
SELECT lo_unlink(OLD.update_archive);
END;

...this gave "Unexpected SELECT in..." errors.

I tried...
BEGIN
lo_unlink(OLD.bootstrap_script);
lo_unlink(OLD.update_archive);
END;

...this gave parse errors...

--
Adam Haberlach |A cat spends her life conflicted between a
adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com |deep, passionate, and profound desire for