Re: pg_dump error

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au
Cc: jhspies(at)adept(dot)co(dot)za, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump error
Date: 2001-01-16 01:19:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

> >Can not create pgdump_oid table. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
> >cannot create pgdump_oid
> >
> >Is there a way to repair this?
> >

> If there was an earlier crash while running pg_dump, the table may already
> exist. If so, try deleting it. Also, can you confirm that the username
> under which you run pg_dump has the rights to create tables?

I have observed it several times on 7.0.x while using
pg_dumpall. Since pg_dumpall would create pgdump_oid as many times as
the number of databases, I suspect there might be an internal cache
problem in the backend. However this problem was hard to reproduce, I
have not tackled it yet. If someone has a reproducible data, please
let us know...
--
Tatsuo Ishii