format of blobs ? backup blobs ?

From: Peter Pilsl <pilsl(at)goldfisch(dot)at>
Subject: format of blobs ? backup blobs ?
Date: 2000-11-07 22:47:00
Lists: pgsql-general

When upgrading from 6.5 to 7.0 we backuped all data with pg_dump and
so we lost our blobs. I just have the xinv and xinx-files from a
file-backup. The blobs are stored in the xinvxxxxx-files, but there is
a long leading header. Can anyone point me to the exact format of this
files, so I can write a script to restore the blobs ?

second question: how do you guys deal with blobs when
upgrading/backuping/restoring ?

thanx,
peter

--