Database (table) recovery / restoration

From: Martin Kutschker <Martin(dot)Kutschker(at)blackbox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database (table) recovery / restoration
Date: 2000-11-07 09:22:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I'm rather new on pgsql and on this list, so forgive me if this question has been asked (and answered) before. But I could not find a answer on the webstite or the archive. The question is, are there any recovery tools if a database has been corrupted?

My db (that is one table) has been destroyed by an cut-and-paste action of a web interface (text area content is being inserted into a table). While accessing this table pgsql tells me something about a client that has been doing a premature disconnect or something to this affect.

For now I have copied the unix file of the table and recreated the table. Ist there any chance I can restore the data of the table? Should I have also saved any other files?

Masi

PS: I know, I know, I should have done regular backups...