Re: OID and joins

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: DaVinci <bombadil(at)wanadoo(dot)es>, Lista PostgreSql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OID and joins
Date: 2000-10-18 18:43:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 06:18:07PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > - Any other limitation I don't achieve to view?.
>
> Nope, this is really a relatively standard thing. The oid column isn't
> special as compared to other columns, aside from the fact that it is
> automatically created.

...and isn't preserved in backups by default, causes problems while
seleting from one table into another for purposes of removing a column,
and isn't preserved during cluster generation...

...oh yeah, and it isn't standard, so it'l make it hard to migrate to a
different database system should you need to do that for some reason...

--
Adam Haberlach | ASCII /~\
adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com | Ribbon \ / Against