Re: The lightbulb just went on...

From: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
To: Michael J Schout <mschout(at)gkg(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: The lightbulb just went on...
Date: 2000-10-17 16:41:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Michael J Schout <mschout(at)gkg(dot)net> [001017 08:50] wrote:
> Tom:
>
> I think I may have been seeing this problem as well. We were getting
> crashes very often with 7.0.2 during VACUUM's if activity was going
> on to our database during the vacuum (even though the activity was
> light). Our solution in the meantime was to simply disable the
> aplications during a vacuum to avoid any activity during hte vacuum,
> and we have not had a crash on vacuum since that happened. If this
> sounds consistent with the problem you think Alfred is having, then
> I would be willing to test your patch on our system as well.
>
> If you think it would help, feel free to send me the patch and I will
> do some testing on it for you.

I'm not sure if you've been subscribed to this list for long but
It would have been nice if you had spoken up when I initially
reported the problems so that the developers realized this wasn't
a completely isolated incident.

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net|alfred(at)freebsd(dot)org]