dissallowing access to databases

From: zaor(at)sky(dot)pl (Pawel Zaorski)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dissallowing access to databases
Date: 2000-10-15 10:30:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.

How can I prevent user from connecting to certain databases?

For example:

user1 has database user1. But he can easily do '\c otherdb' to connect
to a database own by other user.
And what scares me most, he cat create his own tables in this
database(!!)

In my pg_hba.conf I have a line:

local all crypt

which (IMO) means that any user can connect to any database. How to
change this to allow users connect *only* to their db?

PS. Forgive, if the question is obvious. Just point me to the right
explanation in the doc/faq.

--
greetings,
Pawel Zaorski