config

From: Michael Engelhart <mengelhart(at)earthtrip(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: config
Date: 2000-10-13 01:31:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I just got the Mac OS X public beta running on my home computer and want to compile postgresql for it but don't know where to start. I have installed Postgresql on linux boxes but they always just work because there are configs for them. Since v7.0.2 doesn't know about Mac OS X I'm assuming I need to get my hands dirty to make it compile. Does anyone have any pointers on where to begin? I don't know where to start.

Out of the box when I run config, it says (which is to be expected):

checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you must specify one

Thanks for any advice

Mike

  • Re: config at 2000-10-13 12:57:18 from Adam Lang
  • Re: config at 2000-10-13 19:34:32 from Peter Eisentraut