Re: Core dump

From: Dan Moschuk <dan(at)freebsd(dot)org>
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Core dump
Date: 2000-10-12 17:56:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

| % uname -sr
| SunOS 5.7
|
| from sys/signal.h:
|
| #define SIGUSR1 16 /* user defined signal 1 */
|
| Are you sure you don't have any application running amok sending
| signals to processes it shouldn't? Getting a superfolous signal
| seems out of place, this doesn't look like a crash or anything
| because USR1 isn't delivered by the kernel afaik.

Any of the applications that are running on that server do not use
SIGUSR1. I haven't looked through the code yet, but I figure postgres
was sending the SIGUSR1.

| And why are you using solaris? *smack*

Well, because our main database server is a sparc, and _someone_ never
got around to finishing his sparc port. :-)

-Dan
--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.