binary operators on integers

From: Marko Kreen <marko(at)l-t(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: binary operators on integers
Date: 2000-09-18 13:50:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I want to do simple and/or/xor/test operations on integers
but PostgreSQL seems not to support this. I found in conrib
area the 'bit' package, which supports 'SQL-compliant bitstrings'
but this is too weird for me and anyway it crashes too.

So, my question 'How can I do this?' Is there any plans to implement
those operators for integer types, or good reasons why they cannot
be implemented? Should I try to implement those myself or start
debugging the 'bit' package?

My situation: I want to implement a 'capabilities' field for
application server, so different bits are for different
capabilities.

TIA.

--
marko