Re: windows supported platforms

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: jeff seaman <jseaman(at)pharsalia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows supported platforms
Date: 2000-08-23 14:36:49
Lists: pgsql-general

jeff seaman wrote:
> I gather from the supported platform list that the server only runs on
> Windows NT running the CYGNUS package and not on Windows 98. From what I
> can see the clients will run on win98. Is this correct? Are there any
> plans to try to get the server to run on win98? Also has anyone tried the
> server on win2000.

Think I read something like that it's possible with some
newer version of CYGWIN to compile it for Win98. Check the
mailing archives.

But let me suggest to run an operating system instead of a
GUI enhanced program loader, if you want to get out of
Postgres what's in it.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #