multiple transactions

From: Rini Dutta <rinid(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: multiple transactions
Date: 2000-08-18 20:55:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm using the postgresql 7.0.2., the JDBC interface. I
need to optimise the database storage speeds in my
application. In order to do this I considered having
more than one connection so that I can have separate
transactions for performing a group of inserts into a
specific table - 1 transaction/connection for one
table. But this seems to take the same time or even a
little longer than having the transactions occur
sequentially, contrary to my expectation especially
considering that these are inserts into separate
tables.
Could you shed some light on this, and what I need to
do to make inserts using JDBC faster ?

Thanks,
Rini